- PrestaShop Blog and Ecommerce Tutorial
Kelkoo is a price comparator that operates in several European countries including Italy, an excellent channel to promote your products.
On Kelkoo it is possible to find a wide range of products offered by many ecommerces at the best market price . It allows you to carry out a simple search like the one we do on Google, and to refine it through filters, for example by brand or category. Kelkoo integrates searches with user reviews of both the product and the store, so that you can make a safe and informed purchase.
Differences between Kelkoo and Trovaprezzi
Both Kelkoo and Trovaprezzi are price comparators whose purpose is to help customers find the best offer among the proposals of several e-commerce sites. However, there are some differences between the two comparators:
- Geographic reach : Kelkoo is active in various European countries and not only in Italy. Trovaprezzi.it is only for the Italian market.
- Number of e-commerce : Kelkoo has a higher number of shops and products than Trovaprezzi.it
- User reviews: Trovaprezzi.it ( Trusted Program ) review system is much better.
- Additional services : Trovaprezzi offers the most complete technical data sheets of the products and offers the possibility of creating a wish list.
- Information on shops : Trovaprezzi provides more complete information about the ecommerce present.
To conclude, both comparators have very similar functions and offer a lot of useful information to guide their users in choosing where to buy a product at the best price in safety.
Kelkoo Italy is at the following URL : https://www.kelkoo.it/
What are the main price comparators?
The main portals to find the lowest price are the following:
- Google Shopping : it's not a real comparator, but the service allows users to compare multiple offers for a very wide range of products and it is essential for merchants to be present for Google Ads shopping campaigns.
- Amazon : the largest e-commerce also includes a price comparison function: "Compare Prices" which allows you to compare the offers of several merchants.
- Kelkoo : which we talk about in this article, is the best known solution for the European market.
- Idealo : after kelkoo it is the most popular price comparison site in Europe and covers a greater number of ecommerce (some exclusively) and products than Kelkoo, but it is present in fewer European countries.
- Trovaprezzi : the best solution for the Italian market.
Other comparators are: Shopzilla and PriceGrabber , less known in Italy, but still valid.
Eco friendly Kelkoo
Kelkoo offers the possibility to search for ecological and ethical products , today the sensitivity towards the environment has greatly improved and more and more users are looking for green products and more and more ecommerce are focusing on this type of product.
[PRESTA 1.7] Merchant Center packet for Google Shopping
Find the best price online
Finding the best price online is a complex process and you can be subject to online scams if you don't know the methods that can help you find the lowest price. Let's see in detail how to proceed.
- The first solution is to use, as we have seen, price comparators such as Kelkoo, Idealo and Trovaprezzi.
- Use browser extensions such as AVG SafePrice, Honey, Shoptimate, Alitools, etc.
- Use price tracking : for example Idealo allows you to receive an alert when a price drops to the desired level.
- Look for offers on Groupon or similar.
We advise against using cashback sites as you are more exposed to online scams.
We must pay attention to both shipping times and delivery costs, user reviews must be read carefully in order to avoid that a rip-off is hidden behind the lower price, prefer forms of payment such as PayPal in order to have greater guarantees of reimbursement.
When purchasing, we recommend that you always check the following information:
- Seller's office , for the right of withdrawal, the return shipment is paid by the buyer, if the ecommerce is Chinese, the shipping cost of a return could exceed the value of the asset for a private individual.
- Fiscal data and information , check that the company name, VAT number and REA are present on the seller's website. Carefully read the conditions of sale, in particular the right of withdrawal and if the ODR platform for dispute resolution is indicated.
- Check if the product warranty is in Italy / Europe. This point is important for consumer electronic products when buying on foreign ecommerce. A product with a foreign warranty can cost much less, but take a long time to replace.
Author: Loris Modena